Marketing Strategy

Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Technology Has Evolved Again!

Wow. I'd forgotten how special Apple is until I went through this experience.

As many of you know, I have had 2 "tours of duty" with Apple: once in the late 80's and then again in early 2000's. And although I'm a devoted Mac fan, I also use a PC because many business applications only ran on Windows. However, this is becoming more "myth" as business and individuals work in "the cloud" more and more. Anyway, when the nVidia "card" on the motherboard went caput last week, I had to use a PC again.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had used my online tools - LastPass, Xmarks, and Evernote - to keep me working even though it was in a Windows environment. The amazing part of the story is that Apple got my Mac repaired within 10 hours. I dropped the machine off at noon and would have been able to pick it up by 7pm that night, but I didn't look at my voicemails until the next day!

The motherboard was replaced, and my hard drive was left intact. I had no loss of data and my system runs like new... which I guess it is with a new motherboard.

Anyway, I can't tell you when I've had such a great experience in such a potentially devastating situation.

Thanks Apple!

Jim Herrera

Posted via email from Perceptive Insights

---- I'm passionate about our world. Enter the Conversation! ----

No comments:

Post a Comment